Website Barker Lemar Companies
“Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.”
Simon Sinek is the author of this quote and his observation is spot on. At Barker Lemar Companies, we believe creating and maintaining a strong, healthy culture is as critical as anything we do. Join our team and help write your story…and ours. We are looking for a Talent & Employee Engagement Specialist; someone who recognizes talent, helps grow a fun and diverse culture, fosters engagement, and propels the organization toward our vision of being THE place to work.
As a Talent and Employee Engagement Specialist, will focus on enhancing the employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Primary responsibilities will include developing and implementing effective sourcing and recruitment strategies and driving employee focused initiatives to meet organizational retention goals.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES
- Partner with individual business units to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies.
- Seek, establish and maintain relationships with recruitment sources including colleges, universities, professional networks and association to recruit diverse and qualified team members.
- Recommend and implement tools to improve employer brand.
- Coordinate and participate in job fairs and educational presentations.
- Recommend and administer job postings on various sites.
- Explore market trends and implement best practices in recruitment.
- Support the organization’s objective of creating an exceptional employee experience.
- Execute team events in alignment with employee engagement strategies and established programs – (engagement programs, appreciation programs, team days, volunteer events etc.).
- Ensure employees are connected to the right tools, training and technology to complete the various aspects of their job, including intranet administration and creation of corporate training models and curriculum.
- Coordinate corporate events; includes planning, budget tracking, and vendor management.
- Partner with the Marketing team to provide social media and website content focused on the organization’s employee experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of recruiting or relevant human resources experience
- Experience with event planning, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Detail oriented and a self-starter with effective communication skills.
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- An innovator and networker
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org