Website Barker Lemar Engineering Consultants
Lead and manage projects, tasks, and results. Perform senior technical review of engineering documents. Serve as the engineer of record on assigned projects. Provide technical support to project teams as requested and based on area of engineering expertise (solid waste, environmental, civil, surveying, etc.) Serve as client relationship manager to ensure good communication and exceptional results. Interact and negotiate with regulatory agencies at the local, state and federal levels. Seek out and develop additional project opportunities and prepare proposals to support growth with new or existing clients.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, design, and develop small-scale through to large-scale projects in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Lead personnel to ensure project schedules and budgets are met.
- Act as client relationship manager for multiple accounts. Includes direct contact with client, responding to their requests regarding project scheduling, client budgeting, and project billing; understand client preferences, manage client concerns and act as a liaison with the regulatory agencies.
- Provide support for existing and new client business development activities and marketing efforts. Attend trade shows and client meetings.
- Write concise project communications, documents and reports with appropriate level of technical detail and complexity for submittal to varied audiences including regulatory agencies, clients and the public.
- Complete and review detailed engineering designs and calculations to comply with project guidelines, permits, and applicable regulations.
- Analyze and assess data (maps, reports, laboratory data, drawings, tests, and other) to provide creative solutions.
- Plan and manage budget for assigned projects. Includes annual and monthly revenue forecasting.
- Works with project staff to determine work scope, assign duties, provide technical guidance and resolve problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes that affect our business and clients. Attend meetings and training as required to meet this goal.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Advanced degree in a related field a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience in an engineering role.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated client/project management experience.
- Experience in Solid Waste industry preferred.
- Understanding of solid waste engineering concepts and project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principals to projects and tasks, to conduct technical investigations, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Professional Engineer (P.E.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office conditions. Possible field work in all conditions. Potential relocation and advancement opportunities. Occasional travel required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com