Website Barker Lemar Engineering Consultants
Your partner in environmental and petroleum solutions
This full-time position is responsible for performing environmental compliance and system maintenance to various job sites throughout Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. Typical hours are 40-50 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Frequent overnight travel may be required. This work is primarily outdoors, working year-round and in all weather conditions.
• Soil and groundwater sampling, field measurements, free product recovery, slug testing, water level measurements, oil water separator and SIR checks, pipe pressure testing, surface emissions monitoring;
• Construction Oversight: read and comprehend construction plans, keep accurate and complete records documenting daily construction activities;
• Installation of remediation systems and associated maintenance;
• Oversight of removal of underground storage tanks and associated piping;
• GPS surveying;
• Installing PVC or metal pipe for groundwater testing;
• Prepare reports of activities or findings;
• Work under corporate / OSHA safe work practices and follow compliance guidelines.
High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred two or four-year college degree in Environmental Science or field-related experience and/or training. Previous experience working in the solid waste industry and small equipment operator experience a plus (skid loader, mini excavator).
Pre-employment drug screen and physical are required. Employee is frequently required to stand and walk and must have the agility to operate tools and other environmental monitoring equipment. The employee must occasionally exert 50-100 pounds of force, and/or 25-50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
We are proud to offer our full-time eligible employees:
• Competitive Pay
• Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
• Vision Discount Plan
• Retirement Plan with Company Contribution
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
LEARN MORE ABOUT BARKER LEMAR: www.barkerlemar.com
Barker Lemar provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org